Seafood rice noodle soup is a popular and delicious Vietnamese dish that’s perfect for a warm and comforting meal. This flavorful soup is made with seafood, vegetables, and thin, delicate rice noodles in a savory broth. Here’s how to make it at home.
- 1 pound mixed seafood (shrimp, squid, and/or mussels)
- 4 cups chicken or seafood broth
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon oyster sauce
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon ginger, grated
- 1 red chili, sliced (optional)
- 1 carrot, julienned
- 1 celery stalk, sliced
- 1 cup bean sprouts
- 1 cup bok choy, chopped
- 8 oz rice noodles
- 2 green onions, chopped
- cilantro, chopped
- lime wedges
- Rinse the seafood and set aside.
- In a large pot, heat the vegetable oil over medium-high heat. Add the onion, garlic, ginger, and red chili (if using) and sauté until fragrant, about 2-3 minutes.
- Add the broth, fish sauce, soy sauce, and oyster sauce to the pot and bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to medium-low and let the broth simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add the carrots and celery to the pot and let them cook for 2-3 minutes until slightly softened.
- Add the mixed seafood to the pot and cook for another 2-3 minutes until the seafood is cooked through.
- Add the bean sprouts and bok choy to the pot and cook for 1-2 minutes until they are slightly softened.
- Meanwhile, cook the rice noodles according to the package instructions.
- To serve, divide the cooked rice noodles among 4-6 bowls. Ladle the seafood and vegetable soup over the noodles.
- Garnish with chopped green onions and cilantro. Serve with lime wedges on the side.
Enjoy your delicious seafood rice noodle soup!