Hoanh Thanh, also known as wontons, are a popular Chinese dish that has made its way into many other cuisines around the world. These bite-sized dumplings are typically filled with a mixture of meat and vegetables and are boiled or fried before being served in a flavorful broth or sauce. Here is a simple recipe for making delicious hoanh thanh at home:
- 1 pound ground pork
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice wine
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon grated ginger
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 package wonton wrappers
- Water for boiling
- In a mixing bowl, combine the ground pork, soy sauce, rice wine, sesame oil, garlic, ginger, green onions, cilantro, and white pepper. Mix well until all the ingredients are evenly combined.
- Take a wonton wrapper and place a small spoonful of filling in the center. Wet the edges of the wrapper with water using your finger and fold the wrapper in half to create a triangle. Press the edges together to seal the filling inside.
- Repeat this process with the remaining wonton wrappers and filling until you have used up all of the filling.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Carefully drop the wontons into the boiling water and stir gently to prevent them from sticking together. Boil for 5-7 minutes or until the wontons float to the surface and are cooked through.
- Drain the wontons from the pot and serve them in a flavorful broth or sauce of your choice.
Enjoy your delicious hoanh thanh!