Dumpling soup is a very popular dish in Asian cuisine, especially in China and Korea. This dish has a delicious flavor and is easy to eat, along with the attractive appearance of the dumplings. Here is a great recipe for making delicious dumpling soup:
- 1 package of dumplings (or make from scratch with flour and water)
- 500g minced pork
- 1 small onion, minced
- 2 carrots, minced
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 2 liters of broth or pork broth
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- If you’re using pre-made dumplings, prepare them according to the instructions on the packaging. If you’re making from scratch, mix the flour and water to make a soft dough and knead it until it’s smooth and elastic.
- Mix the minced pork, onion, carrots, cornstarch, egg, salt, pepper, and sugar in a large bowl.
- Once the mixture is well combined, place about 1 tablespoon or 1 egg in each dumpling wrapper.
- To make the broth, bring 2 liters of broth or pork broth to a boil in a large pot. Add the sesame oil to the broth.
- Add the dumplings to the broth and cook until they float to the surface.
- Continue to cook the dumplings in the broth for about 3-5 minutes until they are cooked through and firm.
- Once cooked, your dumpling soup is ready to serve. You can add herbs, scallions, or other seasonings as desired.