- 200g of seafood mix (shrimp, squid, mussels, etc.)
- 150g of rice noodles
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 thumb-sized piece of ginger, grated
- 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil
- 4 cups of seafood or vegetable broth
- 1 tablespoon of fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon of soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon of oyster sauce
- 1 teaspoon of sugar
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Fresh cilantro or green onions for garnish
- Lime wedges for serving
- Prepare the seafood by cleaning and deveining the shrimp, slicing the squid into rings, and rinsing the mussels. Set aside.
- Cook the rice noodles according to the package instructions. Drain and set aside.
- In a large pot or wok, heat the vegetable oil over medium heat. Add the sliced onion, minced garlic, and grated ginger. Sauté until fragrant and the onions are translucent.
- Add the seafood mix to the pot and cook until they start to turn opaque.
- Pour in the seafood or vegetable broth and bring it to a simmer. Let it cook for about 5 minutes to allow the flavors to meld.
- Stir in the fish sauce, soy sauce, oyster sauce, and sugar. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Adjust the seasoning according to your preference.
- Add the cooked rice noodles to the pot and stir to combine them with the broth and seafood. Cook for an additional 2-3 minutes until everything is heated through.
- Remove the pot from heat and serve the seafood noodle soup hot. Garnish with fresh cilantro or green onions and squeeze lime juice over each bowl before serving.
Enjoy this delicious seafood noodle soup as a comforting and flavorful meal.