- 1 kg chicken wings
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon ginger, grated
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- Vegetable oil for frying
- Sesame seeds for garnish
- Green onions, chopped, for garnish
- In a large bowl, combine soy sauce, oyster sauce, honey, sesame oil, minced garlic, grated ginger, salt, and black pepper. Mix well to make the marinade.
- Add the chicken wings to the marinade and toss until they are well coated. Let the wings marinate for at least 1 hour, or overnight in the refrigerator for maximum flavor.
- In a separate bowl, mix together all-purpose flour and cornstarch.
- Heat vegetable oil in a deep fryer or large pot to about 180°C (350°F).
- Remove the chicken wings from the marinade, allowing any excess marinade to drip off. Dredge each wing in the flour-cornstarch mixture, making sure they are evenly coated.
- Carefully place the coated wings into the hot oil, frying them in batches to avoid overcrowding the pot. Fry for about 8-10 minutes or until the wings are golden brown and cooked through.
- Remove the fried wings from the oil and place them on a paper towel-lined plate to drain excess oil.
- Sprinkle sesame seeds over the hot fried wings while they are still oily, allowing the seeds to stick to the wings.
- Garnish with chopped green onions for added freshness and flavor.
- Serve the delicious sesame fried chicken wings as an appetizer or main dish. They are best enjoyed when they are still warm and crispy.
Enjoy these flavorful and crispy sesame fried chicken wings, perfect for parties, gatherings, or as a tasty snack!