Explore the vibrant and aromatic world of Vietnamese cuisine with this enticing Lemongrass Shrimp recipe. Bursting with zesty lemongrass flavors and succulent shrimp, this dish is a delightful fusion of freshness and spice that will transport your taste buds to new heights.
- 1 pound large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 stalks lemongrass, finely minced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 red chili, finely chopped (adjust according to spice preference)
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- Fresh cilantro leaves for garnish
- Lime wedges for serving
- Prepare the Shrimp:
- Ensure the shrimp are cleaned, peeled, and deveined.
- If using frozen shrimp, thaw them completely and pat dry with paper towels.
- Marinate the Shrimp:
- In a bowl, combine the minced lemongrass, minced garlic, chopped red chili, fish sauce, soy sauce, honey, and vegetable oil.
- Add the shrimp to the marinade, ensuring each piece is well-coated.
- Allow the shrimp to marinate for at least 15–30 minutes to absorb the flavors.
- Cooking the Lemongrass Shrimp:
- Heat a pan or wok over medium-high heat.
- Add a bit of oil to the pan and swirl it around to coat the surface.
- Place the marinated shrimp in the pan, spreading them out to ensure even cooking.
- Cook for 2-3 minutes on each side or until the shrimp turn pink and opaque.
- Garnish and Serve:
- Sprinkle fresh cilantro leaves over the cooked shrimp for a burst of freshness.
- Serve the Lemongrass Shrimp over steamed rice or noodles.
- Garnish with lime wedges for a hint of citrusy flavor.
- Enjoy the Culinary Journey:
- Dive into the tantalizing flavors of Lemongrass Shrimp, savoring the perfect balance of lemongrass, garlic, and spices.
- Let the aromatic essence transport you to the vibrant streets of Vietnam with every bite.
This Lemongrass Shrimp recipe offers a delightful exploration of Vietnamese culinary traditions. With its bold flavors and aromatic appeal, this dish is sure to become a favorite in your repertoire. Whether shared with friends or enjoyed as a special dinner, Lemongrass Shrimp brings the essence of Southeast Asian cuisine to your table.